Friday, October 14, 2011

It's the little things

So we made a purchase that I had to share with you.  You may roll your eyes when I tell you what it is, but we think it rocks!  Drum roll, please....we bought a water cooler.  Michael is sure that drinking tap water is going to give us cancer (ok, he simply brought up the fact that tap water has a lot of icky stuff in it) and Graham has a Twice the Ice machine that has UV filtered water that tastes oh-so-good, so we decided to bite the bullet and buy a water cooler. 

We found one at our local Wal-Mart that was inexpensive (and when I say inexpensive, I mean in the water-cooler world).  It fit nicely next to our washer and dryer in the laundry room, right off the kitchen. 

Oh, and did I mention that it dispenses super cold OR hot water?!?  Suddenly, making a cup of hot Constant Comment tea is so quick.  No longer do I have to wait that 90 seconds to heat tap water in the microwave.  :)  You may be thinking, couldn't you make hot tea in Michael's Keurig?  Yes, I could.  But then it would taste like coffee tea and that's not a flavor that I'm a fan of. 

We are all drinking more water (which is a great thing).  In fact, in one week we've already gone through a 5 gallon bottle.  Lucas is a big fan of the water cooler.  He likes to take his cup and set it under the dispenser and say, "I do it, Mommy."  Mr. Independent.  And dont' worry, the hot water button has a lock so that he can't use it.  We can even disable the hot water altogether with the switch of a button. 

We really like our recent purchase.  Are there any items in your home that you are enjoying or just make life easier?  It really is the little things...

2 comments:

J. Grace said...

Great purchase! This makes me want one now! Though, we have NO room in our current kitchen for anything else as we are busting out of the seems of our house.
My most recent "amazing" purchases, drawer organizers! I did all the drawers in the kitchen and bit the bullet in paying for the organizing pieces that fit in them all! So amazing how something simply made of plastic could make my life feel so much more organized!!! I need to get a couple more though, because now it seems that drawers without them are "lacking"!!!
So glad you're really "blogging!" This is a record!!!!

Grace Family said...

haha... that J.Grace is really me! -Mommy Grace!
I promise you my husband is not the one buying drawer organizers or doing any of the organizing!!!!