Friday, March 13, 2009

It's a Boy!

The long wait is over! We're having a boy! So, blogging is about sharing your feelings with friends and family and being honest, right? Well, a couple of weeks ago I had a dream that we were having the sonogram done and the Dr. announced, "It's a boy!" I immediately started bawling and asked him to double-check. When I shared my dream with Michael he asked, "So, you don't want a boy?" It wasn't that at all. It's just that I am a girl's girl. You know me...I love pink and frills and all-things girly. I'm just nervous that I won't be a good boy-mom. But you know what? As we were having the sonogram done yesterday afternoon, I heard the Dr. tell us that we were indeed having a boy and I did cry...but not for the reason in my dream. My heart was so filled with gratitude that our Father would entrust me to be a mom to this baby boy. I know that I will have to trust the Lord in a new way to learn how to be a mom after His heart. Needless to say, Michael is thrilled!

So, now to the next question...No, we haven't decided on a name. We have one strong contender, but are waiting a while to make sure it's the one.

2 comments:

Grace Family said...

Congrats! Boys are so much fun and we are thrilled to be having another. Our little guys will be buddies too, only being born about a month apart! Plus, if you end up with a girl later, she will be very blessed to have a big brother!

Grace Family said...

Have you guys picked a name yet?