Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I made it!

So wow...looks like it's been a year since my last post. After many of you "encouraged" me to start blogging again, I decided to make it my New Year's resolution. I resolve to blog at least once each month. I'm telling you that so that you don't get crazy and expect a new blog every week. Geez, it's been a year. You know I've got to take baby steps getting back into this whole blog thing. It's January 31st, so I'm proud that I made it!

We have been so blessed this past year. Lucas will be 18 months next week and it feels like I was just pregnant with him. He is full of life and laughter. Some of his favorite things to do are:
- Spin in circles and get very dizzy
- Read books
- Run
- Laugh with Mommy and Daddy while jumping on the bed (just Lucas jumping, not us) ;)
- Sing songs
- Drum
- Play basketball or spike his football (although any ball will do)
- Loves giving hugs and kisses
- Clap for himself but will turn to make sure you join in with him
- Likes to identify animals and then make their sounds (especially the lion and elephant)

We are so grateful for God's grace and love and the joy that He gives us through this little gift. Michael is starting up with golf season and will travel with the teams most of the spring. We sure miss Daddy when he's gone, but it makes our times together even more precious!



Here are a few photos from the past year...I know, I'm rolling my eyes at myself too...




































3 comments:

Natalie Ward said...

YEA VAL!! Welcome back!
Love you and your beautiful family.
We need to talk!

Jeff said...

Way to go V the G! It only took 13months and some vicious name calling to get you to blog again. So proud!

Now, it's February 3rd, so where is installment #2? Let's get this ball rolling.

Grace Family said...

Don't let my husband be too hard on you! You got it done before February, so month one is done! :-)

What a precious boy... a true blessing for sure!