Monday, December 1, 2008

What a Funny Gal!

I told Val that the pregnancy book says no drinking  (yes, we're having a baby, but I figured that  since we started a blog today that a baby on the way was just assumed).   Anyway, I did give blood today and did witness projectile vomiting twice!  The good news was that none of it got on me and the inevitable vomit chain reaction never occurred (even though the nurse that cleaned it up was visibly gagging).


I guess we should go ahead and discuss what you, our fans, can expect from this great blog.  The idea is to use it as a forum to update the progression of being with child, and then of being first-time parents.  We are pretty dang excited, by the way.  However, my enthusiasm waned a tad when I heard a quote yesterday from Eddy Ball, a four-day year old daddy himself.  After baby Isabella (the Linebacker) would not stop crying he allegedly quipped, "being a parent is hard."  


Please forgive me (Michael) if I slip in the occasional HSO (hot sports opinion) into our family blog.  Val suggested that I start my own sports blog, but I reasoned that a divided fandom would not be in the best interest of Baby Todd.  So take your seat, buckle up, and get ready for the ride of your life.

3 comments:

Jeff Segars said...

I'm glad I could pass along the first quote to be used on your block even I didn't get proper attribution. You can hold off on that royalty check until the page views get a little higher though.

Grace Family said...

Now you have set a high standard of entertainment... can't wait to read about Val's baby info. No offense Mike, but I get enough of the sports comments here in my own house, mostly referring to UT football, so if there are any blog posts about that I may have to ignore them gracefully!

Jeff said...

Pay no attention to the woman in the room. MT, you can talk sports all you want. Besides, the baby won't be here for another nine months and we are rapidly approaching the dark period of the sports year (no college football).