Thursday, December 4, 2008

Morning Sickness: A Complete Misnomer

Sometime around mid-morning yesterday I went and checked on my lovely bride.  You see, she had awoken that morning with the predictable sensation of nausea and dizziness.  My first reaction was a bittersweet one.  Kind of sweet on one hand because it provided one more indication from the Lord that yes, we are indeed pregnant. But quite bitter on the other hand (very, very bitter) since I had to hold Lanie's ears while Val conjured up curse after curse on Eve for eating the freakin apple and brining down this awful curse upon women.  

Anyway, there I was being a good husband as I checked on her status.  Let's just say she was not doing well.  I comforted her with all the comfort I could muster, though, and reassured her that there was good news.  "I need some good news," she exclaimed.  "Well, the morning's just about over.  You should be feeling yourself in about an hour and ten minutes."  She kind of chuckled, secretly hoping I had read something on the internet or something because at this point Valerie had lost a lot of weight.

Well, not only did she not begin to feel better at the stroke of noon, but she got progressively worse.  In fact, it got a little scary there for a while.  I'm happy to report tonight, though, that she is back to her jovial self.  But, I must protest at this point.  Morning sickness? Come on.  I vote we officially change the name of this phenomenon to Nasty Throw Up Your Guts Sickness.  I think that pretty much covers our (okay, Val's) experience thus far.  She began the strategy this morning of munching on cold cheerios before she got out of bed.  This seems to have worked well for one day.  We'll keep you posted.

(Val just looked over my shoulder as I was typing this post and said, "make sure our fans know that I really didn't say actual cuss words toward Eve and/or the fall of man."  Done and done.)

2 comments:

Grace Family said...

I tried warning her the other night when she was announcing how great she had been feeling thus far. I'm with you on renaming it, but my choice would be "All day, feel like never having any more children sickness" We will be praying that hers does not last as long as mine! :-)

Natalie Ward said...

yeah, val's a big cusser!!